Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Book Talk Tuesday…for the teacher this time.

Another link up for me, this time to Mrs. Jump’s Book Talk Tuesday. But with twist: focus on teaching...

I just wanted to quickly share a thought I had with you.

A teacher is always learning.

I am tackling some insecurity as I visit my class roster and recall some pretty deflating things that were told to me this past school year.

I am totally looking forward to this year but I also wrestle a bit with the mistakes of the past.

So, what’s a girl to do? Revisit what I know.

Enter Teach Like A  Champion.


The school and charter network for whom I teach uses this book as a reference for classroom management. So it occurred to me that I could use a reboot. I need to get my swag back, as the youth say. So I’m reading. Over the next two weeks I plan to plow through and highlights both strengths and weaknesses. There’s a Kindle version you can navigate to if click on the link above.

I would love to hear from you.

Leave me a comment about what you think.

Is there a different book or system that your school references for classroom management? If so, how does it work for you?

Do you have an recommendations for me?

As always, thanks for peeking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment